Advanced Data Visualization (CS 710) is a graduate-level data visualization course taught in R. It provides an introduction to data visualization and effective data communication. Topics covered include the basis of sight and cognitive processing of visual data, creating basic and advanced graphics for a variety of data types, and the fundamental principles of effective data communication in oral and written formats.
Course Materials: Perception for Design (Interactive Technologies) by Colin Ware. Third ed. Morgan Kaufmann Publishing 2012. ISBN: 9780123814647.
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Understand the basic principles of data visualization and communication.
- Understand the basic principles of visual processing.
- Independently perform basic data analysis and visualization in a way that communicates ideas clearly.
Course Information Spring 2021:
- Course Organization Page on Github: https://github.com/CS-710-DataViz-Spring2021
- Course Info Repository on Github: https://github.com/CS-710-DataViz-Spring2021/CS710-S2021-CourseInfo