Introduction to Exploratory Data Analysis (CPSC 292) is an introductory computer science course that introduces non-majors to programming in R. The course will build basic skills in data analysis, data visualization, and programming.
Course Description: Students will learn the fundamentals of data processing and exploratory data analysis using a statistical computing language such as R. Emphasis will be placed on data cleaning, data visualization, and simple statistical analyses. (Offered every year.) 3 credits.
Course Materials: The Book of R by Tilman Davies.ISBN-13: 978-1-59327-651-5. Link to publisher website: https://nostarch.com/bookofr
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Understand the basic structure and function of the R programming language.
- Understand and follow best practices in scientific computing.
- Independently create and perform basic data analysis and visualization in a way that communicates ideas clearly.
CPSC 292 operates on a contract-based grading scheme, see syllabus for details.
Course Info (Fall 2021):
- Course Github Repository: https://github.com/CPSC292-Fall2021/CPSC292-CourseInfo
- Intro to R Youtube Playlist